Thursday, December 14, 2006

Afterthoughts

So I left the previous post as images because I felt there was a silence about them that I did not want to disturb with text.

Thoughts about the project? Definitely want to make more and explore surfaces. More mapping more thickless. Maybe some text too. People really liked the work. I was really happy making it because it sort of brought together painting, drawing, and woodcuts for me. Enjoy the collaboration with the architecture too...each location has its quirks and strengths and I like the process of negotiating that with a work. Someone asked me what stopped me from continuing to do all the windows in the room?! Time! It would have been really cool but would need several weeks just to install a work of that scale--though what a blast (a kind of headachy blast!) If anyone knows of a space...

No comments: